Rockingham County has increased the tipping fee for the disposal of solid waste by $1.00 which will be passed on to Eden citizens. Effective 7/1/21, The City of Eden will increase the solid waste fee from $18.75 to $19.75 to accommodate the County’s cost increase.
The City has also been notified of an increase in cost to process debit and credit card transactions, that cannot be absorbed and must be passed on to the user. Third-Party Bank will apply a percentage base on the total amount of the transaction. The fee will automatically be charged to the users debit or credit card.
The Finance Department offers several convenient ways for you to pay many of your city bills, providing you with new levels of convenience:
- Option I: Electronic payments using all major credit and debit cards, via the Internet at www.edennc.us
- Option II: MasterCards, Visa cards and debit cards at the counter or MasterCards and Visa cards by telephone (623-2110, option 1)
- Option III: Automatic bank draft - customers who prefer to pay by bank draft must come to the Finance Department to set up their account
- Option IV: Payment Drop Box is located in front of City Hall. Just drive up, fill out the envelope and insert your bill and payment. Finance Department personnel will be checking the box at 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. each business day to collect the payments.
- Note: The City of Eden has no connection with DOXO.com.
The Finance Department staff encourages citizens to consider each of these payment options and find one that works best for them. Department employees are eager to provide both service and information to those who request it. If you do not find the information you seek within our website, please stop by the Finance Department at City Hall or call 623-2110, option 1 for a personal response to your inquiry.