Permits & Permit Applications

  1. Alcohol Consumption on Public Property

    Special Events that include alcohol consumption on public property will be required to have a permit.

  2. Building Permits & Inspections

    No person shall commence or proceed with any of the following without first securing from the Planning and Inspections Department a zoning permit and sedimentation and erosion control plan approval.

  3. Charitable Solicitations

    It shall be unlawful for any person to go or cause another person to go from house to house to carry on the activities of a charitable solicitor, without having a valid charitable solicitor's license.

  4. Closing-Out & Damaged Merchandise Sales

    No person shall advertise or offer for sale in the city a stock of goods, wares or merchandise under the description of closing-out sale or a sale of goods, wares or merchandise damaged by fire, smoke, water or otherwise or a distress sale unless he shall have obtained a license to conduct such a sale from the City Clerk.

  5. Excavation Permit

    Locate the Excavation Permit Application for download.

  6. Fireworks Displays

    No permit shall be issued for the exhibition, use, or discharge of pyrotechnics unless the use is in connection with the conduct of concerts or public exhibitions, such as fairs, carnivals, shows of all descriptions and public celebrations.

  7. Insulation Contractors

    Every person desiring a license under this article shall submit an application for such license to the Codes Inspector of the Planning and Inspections Department.

  8. Itinerant Merchants

    A person who transports goods to a building, vacant lot or other location in the City and who, at said location displays the goods, offers the goods for sale, or sells the goods at retail, for a period of less than six consecutive months.

  9. Parades & Special Events

    No person shall engage, participate in, aid, form, or start any parade or special event unless a permit shall have been obtained from the City Manager and provided, further, that no person may conduct or otherwise participate in any parade or special event between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m.

  10. Pawnbrokers

    It is unlawful for any person, firm, or corporation to establish or conduct a business of pawnbroker unless such person, firm, or corporation has procured a license to conduct business in compliance with the requirements of this article.

  11. Peddlers License

    It shall be unlawful for any person meeting the definition of a peddler to engage in such business in the City without having a valid City peddler's license.

  12. Poolrooms

    Find out what type of permit you are required to have to operate a poolroom.

  13. Taxicabs & Other Vehicles for Hire

    Any person desiring a driver's permit shall apply for it upon an application approved by the City Council and secured from the Police Department.