About the Program
Interested in applying for the FREE Citizens Academy? Fill out the application here: Citizens Academy Application THE APPLICATION PROCESS IS NOW CLOSED. Please check again in June of 2018.
While Attending the Citizens Academy, Participants Will
- Learn about city government operations and services
- Participate in dialogues with city leaders, city staff and other civic-minded residents
- See taxpayers' investments at work
- Expand their knowledge and become more informed on current and proposed projects within the city
- Gain appreciation for the city's resources and capacity to meet the needs of the community
- Learn about opportunities to become more involved and help build a sustainable community
- Receive first-hand information and have the chance to ask questions on any topic at the end of each session.
The program is truly a look behind the scenes of local government, pointing out its role and limitations, as well as a glimpse into the long-term planning that makes Eden what it is today.
You can learn more about how your city government functions by participating in City of Eden Citizens Academy.
If you wish to learn more about the City of Eden's Citizens Academy, please contact Sheralene Thompson, City Clerk, at 336-623-2110, option 8, or email.