The Engineering Department is responsible for the following tasks:
- assisting individuals or businesses in the initial steps to acquire water and / or sewer service
- assisting with the certification of utility projects
- collecting location data on various infrastructure items
- evaluating paved streets and preparing bid documents for the resurfacing of city-maintained streets
- inspection of drainage complaints
- investigation of street lighting issues
- making periodic inspections during construction jobs
- modeling of the water distribution system
- providing utility information to developers, governmental agencies, and utility companies
- performing survey work for utility projects
- preparation of project plans, specifications and contract documents
- witnessing of required testing
The Engineering Department is often involved with the recommending and hiring of engineering consultant firms. This department furnishes those firms with data, copies of utility plans, etc. that may be needed for the completion of a particular project. This department also reviews plans and easement plats prepared by the consulting firms, as well as private developers.
Maps & Related Documents
The Engineering Department is also responsible for the preparation and safekeeping of municipal maps, scanning of utility project plans, safekeeping of plans for the treatment plants, etc.
If you would like to report a Site Obstruction, request a Curb Cut or Driveway Pipe, have a Storm Drainage Complaint, you may use our online Request Tracker Form to report repairs and make requests for service.
Engineering Forms & Permits
- Approval of New Waterlines Sanitary Sewer and Storm Drainage Improvements (PDF)
- Private Utility Lines Within Public Right of Ways ENG 1 Policy (PDF)
- Project Change Approval Authority ENG 3 Policy (PDF)
- Special Use Water Meters ENG 5 (PDF)
- Storm Drainage Assistance Grant Program ENG 4 Policy (PDF)
- Street-1 Drainage Policy